[mythtv-users] MythTV FE Help!!

Tim Raphael raphael.timothy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 05:05:21 UTC 2010

Thanks for the great info guys...
I've borrowed the wifi-ethernet bridge from my XBMC Xbox and connected that
to the Revo and that has made all the difference! I have a much better
connect (however still being G) and streaming a much quicker and more
reliable.

I quickly converted some of my existing divx / xvid media files to H.264
and definitely noticed the drop in CPU usage. When using MythFE to play
a particular file the usage is about 25% and when playing the same file in
Movie Player the CPU basically maxes out... Now i face the problem of
converting most of my ~1TB media library to H.264... hmmmmm. This is
probably a good thing however because it means that all media will then be
totally compatible with my iPhone and the other Apple devices around.

The next thing I'm going to play around with will be the de-interlacer...
the wiki has an entry on the VDPAU page saying that the Advanced x2 works
well with the Nvidia ION. So I think this will be a good place to start.
Does this add to the CPU usage at all?

This is simply a cheap testing stage so I do intend to run cat5e cable to
the living room and to the two other locations I intend to place FEs.

By viewing the mailing list on Gossamer i always forget that is isn't a
forum and a mailing list. In the future I will label my thread titles
more appropriately. Non offense taken!

Tim