[mythtv-users] Waking up MythTV

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Thu Feb 4 05:10:19 UTC 2010

MythTV Users,

I have  Mythbuntu machine that has a Hauppauge PVR-150 remote control.

Whenever I first use the remote after any long time of inactivity, it
takes a long time to wake up.

What I mean is, there's an initial response, and then a long pause, and
then it starts responding again.

For example, let's say what happens to be on the screen is a menu, like
a list of videos. I pick up the remote, and I'll hit the down key. The
selected item in the interface moves down once. Then I press the down
key again. Nothing. I hit it again, nothing. I hit it a bunch of times,
and no response.

Then, after a few seconds, the interface will catch up, moving down in
response to all the times I hit the key.

So it is getting my key presses in some kind of buffer, but I don't know
what it's waiting for.

Somehow, when I first hit a key, it responds, but then that initiates
some kind of activity that seems to take up all the CPU power or
something so that there is a long pause before it will start accepting
more signals from the remote.

Is there a likely culprit for what this might be?

Any suggestions as to how I might diagnose and solve this problem?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

--
Dave M G