[mythtv-users] Wireless Bridges and "Thinking it's wired"

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Feb 4 16:09:58 UTC 2010

On Thursday 04 February 2010 08:49:16 am Travis Tabbal wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> > hiding behind print so fine that most lawyers would reject it (the "Enron
> > Miniscule" font).
>
> I just love that bit. :) I wonder if someone has actually created a font
> file for that. It would be funny as hell to have installed on Linux boxes.
>
> :) Printable only with 1600dpi laser printers and readable only under 50x
>
> magnification. :)

I can't take credit for that font name, it was Scott Adams (Dilbert), and I
think he called it "Enron Beelzebub".

Having such a font included with Linux might make it popular with the "make
the world's smallest Bible" crowd.

I think the bottom line is that WiFi is not suitable for Myth use. It might
work in some cases, but I would never design a system based on the assumption
that it would, or that it would keep working if it did at first.

I'm wondering if an IR system might be useful within homes, though it might
play havoc with remote control systems.