[mythtv-users] What rule for once a week recording and don't record the reruns?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 17:26:30 UTC 2010

On 4 February 2010 17:16, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was trying to set up a rule for recording Sarah Silverman that
> didn't tie it to the 30 minute block by time. If I tell Myth to record
> one showing a week it's mostly picking up reruns and not the new
> episodes.
>
> Is there a way around this?

Use the "Exclude Repeat Episodes" filter in the rule configuration.
I'd suggest using this instead of the "New Episodes Only" filter in
case new episodes aren't marked as such. You could also exlude generic
episodes along with repeats (it's another filter) - I think this is
aimed at US users using Schedules Direct listings where generic
episodes are more obvious.

> Still running 0.21 if it matters...

So am I on my "production" boxes, so it should work.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott