[mythtv-users] Wireless Bridges and "Thinking it's wired"

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Feb 4 18:14:52 UTC 2010

On Feb 4, 2010, at 9:25 AM, Brian Wood wrote:

> On Thursday 04 February 2010 10:11:02 am Travis Tabbal wrote:
>
>> I'm not aware of any. Also of interest, don't the amateur rules
>> forbid
>> encryption?
>>

> Thinking about that, I think the rules against a "pecuniary
> interest" might be
> more of a problem.

You wouldn't be able to legally use it for work.  And visiting any SSL-
encrypted sites would be out, because of the prohibition on
encryption, so that pretty much rules out online shopping.  There are
still useful applications but those restrictions pretty much eliminate
general-purpose Internet use.