[mythtv-users] Record only HD or prefer HD over SD

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 4 20:38:25 UTC 2010

On 02/04/2010 12:54 PM, Greg Woods wrote:
> What is really needed (for me) is a flag that says "record this
> regardless of the other settings in this rule if it is the last time
> this show is available in the current guide data". There is no way I
> know of to program that into a custom rule.

You can do this with 2 rules (of differing priority).  First, create a
high-priority custom rule for the show using program.last to determine
if it's the last showing.  Then, since that will only match the last
showing, find an unmatched (earlier) showing of the same show and create
a lower-priority "normal" rule.  Then, the normal rule will handle all
episodes except the higher-priority last-showing rule will handle the
last showing.

Mike