[mythtv-users] Frontend Lockups

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 03:48:01 UTC 2010

So as some of you may know, I've been having FE lockups.  I didn't realize
until tonight, that MythBuntu automatically logs FE to
/var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log.  After looking at my logs, it's apparent
that I've got some problems.  First off, some background.  Mythbuntu 9.10
x64.  Myth .22 w/ JYA's repo.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G96 [GeForce 9500 GT]
(rev a1)
04:02.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy (rev 03)
04:02.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy Game Port (rev 03)
04:02.2 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Creative Labs SB Audigy FireWire Port

nVidia card has 512MB RAM pushing a 1080p display.  Intel E7400 CPU w/ 4GB
RAM.  I'm also in the USA.  I thought that with this card, I could do
Advanced 2x (according to the wiki
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU#Supported_Cards).  I'm including the
relevant FE logs from one of the hard boots.  I was watching Lost in HD and
it locked up on me a couple times.  I'd have to hard reboot after each
time.  So I'm thinking I've got some audio problems and my vid card can't do
Advanced 2x.  Am I reading this log correctly?  I think I have a Turtle
Beach sound card with SPDIF coax out.  Would that solve some of my audio
issues?  Thanks for the assitance!

Jim