[mythtv-users] Trashed file system after "Video frame buffering failed too many times"

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Fri Feb 5 10:49:00 UTC 2010

I'm running mythbuntu 9.10 (0.22), Assume combined front/backend.

A couple of weeks ago "Video frame buffering failed too many times"
errors started to pop up. Logs complained that files couldn't be written
because the FS was read only. On a reboot I had to fsck /dev/sda1. A
number of files finished up being trashed so I suspected the HDD was on
its way out.

I replaced the HDD (new) and did a fresh install. All was well until a
few days ago. Same "Video frame buffering failed too many times". Logs
again suggested something was very sick on the HDD. Tried to reboot and
it tells me it couldn't because the file system was read only!!??

I held the  big button down for a few seconds. On the boot had to do the
fsck /dev/sda1 again. The feed back wasn't good lots of "corrupted
file" messages.

Another HDD, another clean install, another week, same problem started
again tonight.

Is there something in MythTV that could be trashing the file system?

--
The GuiGuy

   ,-._|\
  /  Oz  \