[mythtv-users] How to copy 'frontend' portion of mysql database

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Fri Feb 5 15:34:26 UTC 2010

In article
<f107c97a1002020711g5156d250u689617e038424356 at mail.gmail.com>, Andrew
Barbaccia wrote:
> Can't you just use some sql to copy the settings?
>
> insert into settings (value, data, hostname) select value, data,
> 'newhostname' from settings where hostname = 'oldhostname';
> Just my 2c.

I was trying to avoid delving into the guts of that database, as it's
not exactly elegant and is far from risk free. Oh well.

Do most people just go through the setup menus for each frontend and
make all the same changes?

[later]

As, sorry, for more discussion in the archives, including some of the
"likely" type regards whether this should be a GUI thing or a script
thing. Anyway, the bash/sql hack that was posted should do the job
rather nicely, at least for now.

Ian