[mythtv-users] Trashed file system after "Video frame buffering failed too many times"

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Sun Feb 7 00:42:19 UTC 2010

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:

> I strongly suspect that the "video frame buffering" messagse are
> -because- something went wrong with the disk or datapaths to it,
> hence delaying writes; if the disk is hitting bad sectors and
> having to remap them, that could certainly delay it.  And bad
> cabling and other malfunctions can also cause what look like
> disk errors, leading to delays and the OS deciding to remount ro.
>
> If it gets worse over time, check (a) PS caps or (b) whether a
> heatsink somewhere on the CPU or *bridge is starting to fall off.

Thank you for the thorough troubleshooting guide. I'll work my way
through it if it comes to that.

At the moment it's been confirmed that over the last few weeks we've had
  spates of poor signal levels. Coupled with several googled items that
suggests others have had the same issues as me when signals were poor,
I'll explore that first.

Thanks again

--
The GuiGuy