[mythtv-users] h264 disables keyboard?

Simon Waldman lists at firecloud.org.uk
Sun Feb 7 12:14:26 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 12:00, <mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org> wrote:

> Message: 11
> Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 21:13:42 -0800
> From: Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] h264 disables keyboard?
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> I've got a mystery.  movies that I've transcoded into h.264 don't
> respond to remote/keyboard commands.  I can't pause, skip, or exit.
>
> Older movies transcoded with lavc work fine.  And sometimes the h.264
> movies work fine.
>
> The h.264 could be a red herring; all I know for sure is that some
> movies "disable" the controls.  Movies, not TV recordings.

For what it's worth, I have the same (or similar) with DVDs in mythvideo,
played through the internal player - so I guess the h.264 probably is a red
herring, at least if we're both seeing the same problem.
The keyboard stops responding totally within mythfrontend. However, I can
still ctrl-alt-F1, log in and kill the front end.

--
Simon Waldman
swaldman at firecloud.org.uk