[mythtv-users] Antenna.. too good to be true?

Kevin Bailey ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 7 16:01:15 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 07:09:03AM -0800, bhaskins at chartermi.net wrote:
> Has anyone on the list tried this one?
> Yeh, I know that there is one born every mnute, but could it be better than my attic-mounted quad bow-tie or would it worth it to build the quad up to a dual quad?.
>
> http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10901&cs_id=1090102&p_id=4730&seq=1&format=1#largeimage
>
> Yeh, I know that there is one born every minute but could it be better than my attic-mounted quad bow-tie or would it worth it to build the quad up to a dual quad?.
> Thanks,
>   Bert

I tend to favor ganging (doubling your antenna) versus amplification
because amplification amplifies the crap too, while ganging provides
some measure of directionality and ghost-reduction. But I know
people for whom amplification worked out.

I went up to two 8 bays to make CBS and Fox solid, but its in the
attic and was a pain to set-up. In other words, it wasn't the cost
that was the biggest issue.

HTH