[mythtv-users] Jump to time and mute

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Feb 7 23:37:36 UTC 2010

On 02/07/2010 04:24 PM, Justin Hornsby wrote:
> That's not how time jumping is supposed to work in mythtv.
>
> You enter a *relative* time to jump to.  If you want to skip 5 minutes
> in a forwards direction you'd press 5 then the right arrow button.  15
> minutes, press 1 then 5, then right arrow.  90 minutes, 9 then 0, then
> right arrow.
>
> If you want *absolute* time jumps, I'd prefer you look elsewhere
> because relative time jumping will have to be pried from my cold, dead
> hands :-)

I'm with Justin!

But if you want ABSOLUTE JUMPS, in trunk after about 23380 (no idea
about .22 or .22-fixes), try entering a number then pushing FastForward
or Rewind. An oddity, however: 2 and RWD jumps you to 00:02:00 from the
begining, while 2 and FFWD jumps you to 2 minutes from the END of the
recording.
RELATIVE jumps of course, don't know anything about the length of the
recording.

Geoff