[mythtv-users] Proper Way To Control Multiple Devices with lirc_seral ?

Steven steven at niceguyscomputer.com
Mon Feb 8 09:47:13 UTC 2010

I am wondering about controlling multiple devices with my serial blaster

I am wondering if I can just make a new change_chan.sh script with the
different remotes in it and just point my hd-pvr to that change_chan script

So that way I can control my one dishnetwork box and my hd dishnetwork box
via the same lirc_serial device?

Is there a more correct way to do it?

So i.e. like change_chan.sh

And a change_chan1.sh?

So two instances of change_chan.sh but with different remotes. (since both
boxes are right next to each other and both boxes have different ir
commands)

Only problem I can think of if there is two shows on at the same time my
guess is that it would confuse things sending multiple commands ?

Thanks

Steven.