[mythtv-users] Building myth against bleeding edge Xorg

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Feb 8 12:45:14 UTC 2010

I run a pretty bleeding edge xorg on my system.  On the latest build,
myth fails to build with:

/usr/bin/../lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0: undefined reference to `_xcb_unlock_io'
/usr/bin/../lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0: undefined reference to `_xcb_lock_io'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [mythavtest] Error 1

It's trying to link against the old libxcb-xlib, which is no longer:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/2009-April/004489.html

No gripe, just a heads-up to anyone doing this.  Although a workaround
would be great, if anyone knows libtool.

--Yan

--

   o__