[mythtv-users] EIT on Hauppage Nova HD S2

Vitani vitani-mythtv at tfxsoft.com
Mon Feb 8 14:17:18 UTC 2010

On 8 February 2010 10:04, James Thorpe <james at tfxsoft.com> wrote:

> Late last week I got the above card scanning channels and tuning correctly
> etc, but it's not pulling down the EIT data.  I've left it overnight for a
> couple of nights with the tuner not being in use - ie available for EIT
> scanning, but no guide data is available - I've run mythfilldatabase
> manually each morning just in case.
>
> I see there are a few different sets of firmware available - I used
> v1.26.90.0.  Are some better than others when it comes to things like EIT
> scanning?

Suggestions stolen from another Myth thread on EIT scanning:

How did you setup your channels? Try doing a full scan, there was (and
probably still is) a bug in mythtv 0.22 which prevents the collection of EIT
data, if channels were setup by any other means (importing channels.conf,
etc.).

Do the channels on the EIT-based source have their 'useonairguide' flags
set?

For EIT to work, the config needs:

i) full DVB multiplex settings with associated set(s) of EIT-enabled
channels
ii) an EIT-enabled video source (Use transmitted guide only)
iii) EIT enabled channels on that video source (useonairguide flag)
iv) for EIT scanning to start whenever the system is idle, active EIT
collection must be enabled. Passive EIT collection can occur during
recordings and LiveTV sessions only

Adding 'channel,eit,siparser' logging to the mythbackend logfile may also
aid in debugging the problem.

Try running me-tv and seeing how it goes at getting guide data.  (You'll
need to stop the mythbackend first).

me-tv defaults to showing the guide and once you've set up channels should
gather guide data for you.  If this doesn't work, the problems are a little
more low level, but if it does then it's likely to be a setting in myth
somewhere.