[mythtv-users] remote does not work after resume, (mythbuntu karmic AMD 64 with 0.22)

Justin Smith justin at smithpolglase.com
Mon Feb 8 15:08:04 UTC 2010

 > Best guess offhand, the device needs a .reset_resume function wired
 > up. Here's what fixed up mceusb devices:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Getting the right driver source, patching, compiling, installing etc is
a bit beyond me. Although the IR receiver is apparently an MCE
compatible one, so maybe the next version of mythbuntu will have the update.

Till then, is there any way of "restarting" a driver via software?
Something equivalent to removing then re-inserting the USB IR receiver?

If so, then perhaps this command could be put into the relevant resume hook.

Cheers,
Justin.