[mythtv-users] Strange Volume Change Issue

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Feb 8 18:00:48 UTC 2010

Hello. I have the power button on my remote set to turn on/off the audio
receiver in my living room.

Since the receiver is in a closed cabinet, sometimes it's hard to tell
if it's been turned off when we're done watching tv, so i decided to
have the button play a simple sound file, then turn it off. This way, if
we don't hear the 1 second sound file, then we know the sound was just
turned on.

However, when i'm watching video/tv on the mythbox and press the button,
the sound file plays just fine and the volume level of it is just fine.
You can hear it over the tv/video that is playing. That's a non issue,
as it works fine.

BUT...when i go back to the main menu and then press the power button on
the remote, the sound file is barely audible. Is myth changing the
system volume when i go back to the main menu? Any ideas here?

The command used to play the mp3 audio file is just a simple    mgp123
"filename"

-Thanks