[mythtv-users] canceled recording (Recorder Failed) mystery

Bob Gamble kiksadiweb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 08:08:00 UTC 2010

David,

Thanks again.  I will report back this weekend on any results should I need
to do this.  An interesting thing is happening since I wiped the
cards and schedule source two nights ago.  When reconfiguring this time I
tried the external channel change command:
/usr/local/bin/directv.pl

on its own, with  no parameters.  I haven't had a failed recording since
then.  I'm skeptical in can be "that easy" but stranger things have
happened.  If/when I do get a failure I will use the instructions and test
script to get more information.  If you want, even if there are no more
odd failures I can set my system back to the way it was when the failures
were happening to see what was going on.

Either way I will report back this weekend and hope that I can close the
book on this problem.  Thanks again.