[mythtv-users] Securing mythweb

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 10:46:36 UTC 2010

> What's the easiest way to have open access from my 192.168.1.x network
> and a single user/password for external access?

I'm on CentOS so files may be in different places. I don't use a
.htaccess file any more. I have this in a file called
/etc/httpd/conf.d/PME_mythweb.conf (PME is just my initials, BTW; call
it whatever you like):

<Location "/mythweb">
ProxyPass http://elm.edwards.home/mythweb/
ProxyPassReverse http://elm.edwards.home/mythweb/

# To create the myth_htdigest file run this command in /var/www/:
# htdigest -c myth_htdigest MythTV mythtv
#                    Realm ---^       ^--- username

   AuthType           Digest
   AuthName           "MythTV"
   AuthUserFile       /var/www/myth_htdigest
   Require            valid-user
   BrowserMatch       "MSIE"      AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack=On

</Location>

HTH,
Phill