[mythtv-users] Heads up! Inexpensive GeForce 210 card at Fry's...

Eric Holt ericstevenholt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 15:10:04 UTC 2010

Hey all, just thought I'd give a heads-up to the list... I purchased a cheap
($30 with a $10 mail-in-rebate for a $20 final cost) GeForce 210 card from
Fry's over the weekend... It's not fanless, which I really wanted -- but the
fan is pretty quiet on it so I can't complain too much for $20!  Your local
Fry's may or may not have any, and the sale only goes through the 11th I
believe... it's out of stock on the website so you'll have to buy it locally
if you are lucky enough to have a Fry's nearby.

http://www.frys.com/product/6046258

It fits in a single-slot and does not protrude into the next at all, which
was a requirement for me as my two 1x slots are being used by tuners. :)

This is my first forray into VDPAU, and *wow*, am I impressed!  I never saw
"top" go past 5% CPU usage when playing back either 720p or 1080i
over-the-air content... and that's with my 5600+ (2.8ghz X2) idling at 1ghz
during playback.

Anyway, thought this might interest some on the list...
Best of luck...
--Eric