[mythtv-users] Corrupt recordings - possible hardware source.

Jim Beckett beckett.jim at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 18:32:32 UTC 2010

MythTV wrote:

> Everything was fine, until I upgraded to ubuntu 9.10 and mythth 0.22.
>

> Eventually my fiddling led me to disable my network card, an AR5416
> based Linksys WMP300N.  For the last few days
>
> my recordings have been glitch free.
>

> Can anyone shed light on why this might be so?  Faulty motherboard
> maybe?  Signal from Wifi affecting
>
> tuner?  interrupt problems? dma problems? What steps would you
> normally take to identify such a fault
>
> when everyone believes its signal related??

Hi Dave,

My guess would be that since everything seemed to be working  in Ubuntu
9.04, and now it doesn't work after the upgrade, that it is likely a
software issue, and not a hardware problem.

I'd be looking at kernel/module differences, and/or module load order
for the devices.

Are there any clues in the system logs/messages when all the hardware is
physically installed?

- Jim