[mythtv-users] Double Recording..

Rick Nickle ricknickle at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 9 23:03:07 UTC 2010

I have a backend (with 3 tuners of various quality, HVR-1950, K-World Analog
Plus PCI and an ancient Avermedia TV98.)  I have a frontend/secondary
backend with a single Pinnacle PCTV tuner.  All are connected with wired
Gigabit or 100BaseT (for the laptop.)

I also have a laptop frontend just for testing/development.

The other day, my secondary backend/frontend crashed.  I rebooted it.  Then
since there were some updates to Mythbuntu, I downloaded those for all three
machines and rebooted each of them.

Since it came back online, I've had a curious thing.  If I schedule
something to record, it gets recorded twice:  once on each frontend.  I
haven't been able to find out what is wrong.  Today my wife scheduled an
additional recording.  This was recorded, but only once.  But the recording
was blank (I'm wondering if this has something to do with the HVR-1950
though, because there are new IVTV messages I haven't seen before.)

This was my wife's first time recording something, and she was nonplussed!
:)