[mythtv-users] avertv volar ax

Jim Beckett beckett.jim at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 05:06:54 UTC 2010

sharifah ummu kulthum wrote:
> thank you very much Jim. I appreciate the opinion. can you you give me
> the links of the sites?
>
> Ummu
>
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Jim Beckett <beckett.jim at gmail.com
> <mailto:beckett.jim at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     I saw a couple of posts on the Internet earlier today that the
>     people who were able to get this device working, installed the
>     avermedia drivers before plugging it into the usb port.

I went back through my browsing history, and I guess it was just a
single page, and here is a link to one of them:

//http://swiss.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1153479

tmclaugh- Appears to have been able to get the driver installed this
way. (However, he was having difficulty finding where the device is in
his filesystem.)

I did however find this page, which might be helpful:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/AVerMedia_AverTV_Hybrid_Volar_HX_%28A827%29

- Jim