[mythtv-users] I need to reinstall my backend
lists at foxhill.co.uk
Wed Feb 10 08:15:03 UTC 2010
In article <4B71C5D7.6090308 at thirdcontact.com>, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Mainly just remember that the backup is only a backup of the database
> data--you'll need to ensure you handle the upgrade/reinstall such that
> all recordings files stay intact.
My plan was -
1) Stop backend.
2) Copy everything in /var/lib/mythtv to an external disk.
3) Backup mysql database to the same disk (and somewhere else!)
4) Reinstall mythbuntu from scratch.
5) Stop backend again, restore database backup.
6) Reconfigure backend to use recordings on external disk. Or may restore
them initially and then migrate to storage groups.
> The updates are mainly additional safety checks
> to prevent problems caused when users forgot steps or whatever (so
> they're good for ensuring you do things right).
OK, sounds good. Thought the backup/restore seemed straight forwards -
what steps were people missing?
More information about the mythtv-users