[mythtv-users] Recordings back to back show on same channel

cbeerse at gmail.com cbeerse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 19:18:34 UTC 2010

On 10-2-2010 18:44, Brent Bolin wrote:
> Like to record Judge Judy(Better then comic relief).  There are two
> shows a day on the same channel
>
> 4:00-4:30
> 4:30-5:00
>
> Is there a way to record back to back shows like this into a single recording?
> _________________

I've seen this problem myself. My solution is to just program it as you
would. MythTV will continue recording. Its only a reset at the
stop/start point in the middle. With my setup without external hardware,
it was hardly noticable I missed some frames.

Only problem is the exact time. Try to guess it as good as possible so
the switch between the shows will hopefully be in the commercial break
in between (if any) or in the lead-out/lead-in of the shows.

On the other hand, as good as MythTV is these days, it would be nice if
MythTV recognized these recordings on the same channel, so it should be
able to record it twice, usign the same input stream. I know this uses
twice the resources, but on current hardware, it should be possible.
Otherwise, it could also be possible by postprocessing: duplicating the
required streams afterwards.

I happen to have a dual-receiver haupauge 500, and even then, you like
to record more stuff at the same time than possible....

CBee