[mythtv-users] Building mythtv from latest trunk

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Feb 10 21:55:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, February 10, 2010 5:54 pm, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 02/10/2010 07:45 AM, Yan Seiner wrote:
>>
>> Wonder what I broke now....
>>

> Don't you have different, non-compatible versions of X installed in /usr
> and /usr/local ?  If so, that's probably breaking the configure script
> (and you /really/ need to fix your system install--I'd recommend you
> wipe it and install a distro version that has (only) the updated version
> of X that you need or whatever).

Unfortunately that's not an option....  I run xorg from trunk, so no
distro has the features I need.

Anyway after much weeping and wailing I have it figured out.

You can build myth against xorg in /usr/local, successfully, without
conflicts with xorg in /usr.

Here's the build script:

====== cut here =====
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${PREFIX}/lib/pkgconfig;/usr/lib/pkgconfig
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"
CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"

export ACLOCAL
export PKG_CONFIG
export PREFIX
export LDFLAGS
export CFLAGS

make distclean
# for the main myth build, uncomment this line:
#rm /usr/{,local/}lib/libmyth*

# for the main myth build:
#./configure --x11-path=/usr/local/include --xvmc-lib=XvMCNVIDIA

# for the plugins:
#./configure --disable-mythbrowser --disable-mythgallery
--disable-mythzoneminder --disable-mythnews --disable-mythflix
--disable-mythmovies --disable-mytharchive

# for themes, etc:
#./configure

echo QMAKE_LIBDIR_QT -= /usr/lib >> config.mak
echo QMAKE_LIBDIR = /usr/local/lib >> config.mak

make && make install
===== cut here =====

change into the directory with configure and run the build script.

--Yan

--
If you have eight hours to chop down a tree
spend six sharpening your axe.