[mythtv-users] Any way to tell which tuner card might be bad?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Feb 11 09:42:57 UTC 2010

MythTV wrote:
>> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Any way to tell which tuner card might be
>> bad?
>>

> Short answer is no.
>
> However you can identify which tuner(s) are currently recording.

(details snipped)

> The remain problem is that MYTHTV does not preserve the TUNER->Recording
> relationship once
> the recording is complete, so you have to catch a bad tuner in
> operation.
>
> If there was a 'tunerX recorded programY' in the database, I'd like to
> know about it.
>
> Cheers
> Dave

I agree.  I had looked in the DB tables for this, without success.  Now
that so many multi-tuner systems are out there it looks like something
worth having.

I had a recent recording (from BBC FOUR)in which ProjectX found many
frames out of sequence; when viewed it had a few weak-signal DVB
imperfections.  I suspect it came from a recently acquired USB
dual-tuner device that I have configured as virtual devices 4 to 7 - so
it gets used fairly infrequently and usually in multi-recording mode.
  I got a good recording from a later showing, but it would be helpful
to have more clues about what the problem was.  The 'Upcoming
Recordings' screen shows the device that will be used, but that
information disappears afterwards.

John P