[mythtv-users] Accelerated flash via gnash?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 21:47:57 UTC 2010

Browsing the vdpau entry at wikipedia tells me that gnash, the open
source flash/swf player supports vdpau.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDPAU#Software_supporting_VDPAU

Looking at the gnash web pages I am not sure that statement can be
supported - I can't find any reference to vdpau.

Does anyone know the truth or otherwise of gnash supporting vdpau,
because this could be a method of running eg hulu without a big cpu.

A little googling picks up this thread, which has a negative response
from the developers:

http://www.mail-archive.com/gnash-dev@gnu.org/msg05806.html

Maybe the wikipedia entry is simply wrong?