[mythtv-users] Video insertion to match schedule database

Pete Ashdown pashdown at xmission.com
Fri Feb 12 02:57:59 UTC 2010

nick.rout at gmail.com writes

>> Forgive me if this has been answered before.  After much searching, I
>> haven't been able to find an exact answer.
>>
>> I want to pull MPEG files from another device and insert them into the
>> MythTV database & storage with channel and recorded time, so it will
>> properly correspond to the downloaded SchedulesDirect schedule, as if the
>> inserted video had been recorded by mythtv-backend itself.  I'd also like to
>> have them commskipped.  Is this possible and if so, how?
>
> I have seen scripts to do similar things, but matching to the schedule
> will be difficult if it is somewhat after the event, although popular
> sites like thetvdb.com have 'original air date' in their database.

It isn't a matter of identifying the original air date, or season/episode
information.  I have all that.  What I'm wondering is if I can "fake" a
scheduled recording and import a video into the schedule.  I can do this as
needed, so there isn't a lag time.

I don't know what the etiquette for this type of discussion is on this list,
but I'm extracting off a Tivo and wanting to insert into MythTV.  I am able to
determine all the necessary details about the recording extracted from the
Tivo.  I just don't know how to transparently insert it into MythTV.