[mythtv-users] Radio Times xmltv error 6400.

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 13:20:05 UTC 2010

On 12 February 2010 12:09,  <steve.goodey at bt.com> wrote:

> steve at Mythbuntu910:~$ tv_grab_uk_rt --version
> XMLTV module version 0.5.56
> This is tv_grab_uk_rt version 1.220, 2009/08/09 04:00:57

This issue should be fixed in CVS, although I do need to test on a
completely up-to-date Perl installation as the Date::Manip module has
also been causing problems with XMLTV/uk_rt.

The issue with the Community Channel listings (and some others) is
that the source page contains malformed UTF-8 characters which Encode
warns on if it encounters. The current CVS version of the grabber
replaces these bad characters with the correct ones where known (I
post updates when I notice these), and with "?" where unknown. These
updates are posted in a separate file which can be retrieved on each
grabber run, so a full XMLTV update is not required.

The forthcoming 0.5.57 release of XMLTV - I might call for one in the
next week or so - should fix these and other UTF-8 related errors.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott