[mythtv-users] Program not found in PAT!

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Feb 12 15:44:25 UTC 2010

Nick Morrott wrote:

> That would appear to be one of the BBC's interactive channels (channel
> 305). Have you ever recorded from it?
>
> Could you try disabling the 'useonairguide' flag for it and making it invisible?
>
> Also, the mythbackend --version output might be useful.

Gah! Sorry, I forgot, though it's not as helpful as it might be:

[micheal at ruby ~]$ mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : Unknown
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-22-fixes
Network Protocol : 50
Library API      : 0.22.20091023-1
QT Version       : 4.5.3
Options compiled in:
  linux release using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack using_backend
using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg
[micheal at ruby ~]$

It's from the Mandriva 2010.0 i586 release, and the svn is (allegedly) 22890 and
dated 26/11/09.

No, I've never even looked at that channel, although it's there and it's
visible. As a rule I try to make all the Freeview channels available if I can
for diagnostic purposes.

My big beef is, when this happens the back end seems to make a song and dance
about it. That's a channel on one of the BBC multiplexes, and the recording I
lost (on that occasion) was scheduled for Film 4, a different multiplex.

When it happens, it seems to tie up the tuner, and the scheduler isn't flexible
enough to find another tuner to use for the next recording. I have currently two
DVB-T tuners with two virtual tuners each, so it should be possible.

This affects a channel that's not of interest to the scheduler. Why should it
break everything? Perhaps the error handling could be more forgiving?

Is this some special problem we have because the BBCi channels come and go?

--

Mike Perkins