[mythtv-users] Lirc issues with 2.6.32 kernel

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:34:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Rajesh Balan <rajesh at cs.cmu.edu> wrote:

> the mceusb driver works perfectly on 2.6.32. the lirc_serial is the one
> that has issues.
>
> the version in the lirc cvs source compiles and loads, but from kernel
> version 2.6.29 or so onwards, it has issues triggering my IR blaster -- the
> triggering is very intermittent. I reported this to the lirc maintainer
> (Jarod) and he suggested using his git version of the lirc_serial driver
> instead. that version works flawlessly with 2.6.30. but it triggers a kernel
> OOPs with the 2.6.32 kernel.

Do you have a link to the conversation you had with Jarod?  A quick googling
didn't turn up anything for me.  My lirc_serial got intermittent too after
upgrading from ubuntu 8.04 (2.6.24) to 9.04 (2.6.31).  I have about a 90%
success rate, but it really hurts that 10% of the time a digit gets dropped
and I end up recording a bass fishing show instead of HBO :)