[mythtv-users] All video metadata is gone

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 14:33:48 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 8:00 AM, Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com> wrote:
> Brent,
>   The Jamu command I gave you before will add the reference numbers from
> TTVDB or TMDB, get the text metadata and use your already downloaded images.
> No new image downloads. Make sure you update your Mythbuntu install first as
> previously mentioned.
>
> /what ever your path to jamu is/jamu.py -MI
>
> I would also file a bug report as its seem two of you have experienced the
> same issue with metadata loss. We would not want to see this same error
> creep into the next version of MythTV (0.23). Assuming it has not already
> been fixed.

Doug,

I did see your post.  I am reluctant to add repository for nightly
builds to this backend server.  I'm not sure I know the difference
between nightly builds and .22+fixes.

This is a production backend server only.  It already has a number of
updates that it needs but haven't done so.  That was going to be
another post on recommendations.

142 packages can be updated.
57 updates are security updates

jamu.py --help
-M, --mythtvmeta      Add/update TV series episode or movie meta data
in  MythTV DB
-I, --mythtv_inetref  Find and interactively update any missing Interent
                        reference numbers e.g. IMDB. This option is ONLY
                        active if the -M option is also selected.

It has been my experience that trying to download metadata only works
sometimes.  Meaning I've had to input the # manually to get the data.

Does the -I give you an interactive option to type in the # ?

I did run through the IMDb website to get all the video numbers this
morning and put them in a list for reference.

60+ videos isn't a show stopper, but 600 probably would.

I can do the updates, but as I said I'm reluctant.  One of the things
mentioned in the MythTV docs is once it's running don't mess with it.
But I suppose some times you need to, to be some what current.