[mythtv-users] Ubuntu dependency issue

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 20:47:18 UTC 2010

I did a update on my otherwise working Ubuntu 9.10 frontend/backend system
today, and I got this:

E:
/var/cache/apt/archives/nvidia-glx-185_185.18.36-0ubuntu10~karmic~nvidiavdpauppa6_amd64.deb:
trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/libvdpau_nvidia.so.185.18.36', which is also
in package nvidia-185-libvdpau 0

nvidia-185-libvdpau is required by the mythtv packages, and if removed,
removes all of myth.  However, I need to install video driver, or myth
doesn't do much for me!

I very very rarely see dependency issues like this in Ubuntu, so I'm not
quite sure how to proceed from here. Any suggestions?