[mythtv-users] Confusing behaviour when deleting recordings in current trunk

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Mon Feb 15 21:54:25 UTC 2010

2010/2/15 ryan patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Kenni Lund <kenni at kelu.dk> wrote:
>> If I put move the selection bar to Recording 2 and delete the
>> recording, I see the following behaviour:
>> Recording 2 disappears for a second
>> Recording 2 reappears and selection bar is moved down to Recording 3
>> After 5-8 seconds Recording 2 disappears permanently and all
>> recordings below are moved up, including the selection bar
>>
>> Am I the only one who sees this behavior and finds it confusing?
>
> I've been running trunk for weeks and do not see this behavior.  When
> I select a recording and delete it, it disappears and doesn't come
> back.  I use the "move deleted recordings to deleted group" option.
> Do you use that option?  Do you have separate front/backends?

No I don't use that option AFAIK - at least I have never enabled such
a function.

This was on my old seperate backend (upgraded from 0.22-fixes -> trunk
some months ago, I can't even remember if this was 0.21 before that)
and a seperate frontend (upgraded from 0.22-fixes to trunk as far as I
remember).

I just turned my primary trunk backend back on (mythbuntu latest
autobuild trunk, r23556), deleted .mythtv on the testing frontend,
started the frontend, pointed it to the primary (mythbuntu) backend
and now I don't see the problem either...hmm.

Anyway, problem solved. I'll not use more time on this issue, unless
someone wants me to do some debugging in order to identify the issue.

Thanks :)

Best Regards
Kenni Lund