[mythtv-users] x264 suttering

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Feb 16 14:30:31 UTC 2010

I have a system that's used to play back SD video.  No HD at all.  The
system has an Intel Atom 330 and intel graphics.

When I play back lavc-encoded video, my CPU usage is about 30% and the
video is perfectly fine.

When I play back x264 material, the playback sutters.  Every few secons,
the video pauses for a half a second.  I haven't been able to get at it
to see logs or to see the CPU usage, so I can't provide much at this point.

Is h264 material that much more CPU intensive to decode?

--Yan

--

   o__