[mythtv-users] Channel not recording unless visible on second tuner

Justin Garrison rothgar at 1n73r.net
Tue Feb 16 20:23:50 UTC 2010

 Set the callsigns and channel numbers the same for each channel that
is identical across tuners. (The XMLTV IDs, too, since they're
identical, but whether they are matched are not has nothing to do with
whether duplicate channels appear in the EPG.) This will collapse the
channels into one entry regardless of the number of tuners.

Wow, I have been doing it wrong for a long time. Thanks for that. I think I
had set the XMLTV id's and channel numbers to the same but I never set the
names to be the same so it never collapsed in the guide. I now set it up
this way (with XMLID's, Channel numbers, and names all the same) and the
guide is collapsing the channels I want as well as recording everything I
need.