[mythtv-users] Missing 'themeinfo.xml' error with MythTV 0.22

Gavin Whitehead gavin at alabastercranium.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 17 14:29:33 UTC 2010

Folks,

I am quite new to MythTV but recently downloaded 0.22 and installed in
on my Xubuntu 9.10 system.
I have downloaded several of the themes available at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Themes and untared them in to
/usr/share/mythtv/themes.  However, none of them appear in the Themes
drop down in the front end.
I have checked the front end log file and found the following log lines:

WARNING: The theme (bando-blue) is missing a themeinfo.xml file, ignoring.
WARNING: The theme (BlueCurves-2.1-OSD) is missing a themeinfo.xml file,
ignoring.
WARNING: The theme (SimpleGray-OSD) is missing a themeinfo.xml file,
ignoring.

Searching this mailing list didn't reveal any reference to the
'themeinfo.xml' file.  Can anyone help me out here?

Regards,

Gav