[mythtv-users] DVB-T2?

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Wed Feb 17 14:32:24 UTC 2010

Andre Newman wrote:

> On 15 Feb 2010, at 13:09, Vitani wrote:
>
>> Afternoon all,
>>
>> I was just wondering if anyone knows of any myth-compatible DVB-T2 devices?
>
> Hauppauge have threatened a USB single tuner device in time for the World Cup.
>
> http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=18726
>
> Hopefully an Official Hauppauge Forum moderator is a reasonable source....
>
> Not much point in a dual tuner one as there will only be one Mux (in the UK) for
> quite some time to come, multirec with all UK FTA HD on one mux will be great. Lets
> hope it's not too expensive and linux drivers are easy to develop, hoping that
> S2API can cope and we don't have another DVBS to DVBS2 upgrade drama, S3API Argh
> no!

Let's just hope that Ofcom don't give in to BBC pressure and allow them to put
encryption on them, in which case many of these items will be unusable for MythTV.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts