[mythtv-users] x264 suttering

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Feb 17 16:37:07 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 17 February 2010 08:44:32 am Yan Seiner wrote:
> On Wed, February 17, 2010 3:37 pm, Brian Wood wrote:
> > On Wednesday 17 February 2010 08:20:21 am Terjesen Jens Peder wrote:
> >> Yan Seiner wrote:
> >> 2) small wiring - it's really, really hard to snake an RCA connector
> >> through some of the places in a car.  A DVI connector would be orders of
> >> magnitude harder or downright impossible.  And hand-assembing a DVI
> >> connector is not something I want to contemplate.

How about this unit:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=MINI-WIRELESS-CAM2&cm_mmc=geekmail-_-
daily_html-_-17feb10_pdaysale210-_-pdaysale210Main

Seems to have composite video output, and avoids the congestion at 2.5 Ghz.
The receiver seems to run on 12 volts, nice for a car. You could easily make 9
volts for the transmitter from a vehicle electrical system.

Says it has a composite video input and output.

Certainly cheap enough that you wouldn't stand to lose much by trying it.