[mythtv-users] HD video (just "Lost TV show") slows down during play/sound unsyncs

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Wed Feb 17 17:35:24 UTC 2010

Hi,

I can't quite figure that out. I have mythtv 0.21.0+fixes19961-0ubuntu8.

I've had it working for a long time. HD shows like Heroes and 10 other kinds
record and play fine (recorded through HD Homerun).
Lost used to be fine, but this season, playback has been bad: the picture
slows down and then catches up from time to time while the sound gets out of
sync on my main frontend.
I checked that my CPU usage is only 30% (dual core duo 3GHz), and I'm
playing with xv.

I've tried playing the same show on my laptop and the picture still slows
down and speeds up a bit, but the sound doesn't seem to get out of sync
there.

Any clue what might be going on?

Thanks,
Marc