[mythtv-users] Revo 1600 looks even better now

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Feb 17 23:37:00 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 17 February 2010 04:23:15 pm Graham Mitchell wrote:
> > It does duplicate the ION as a decoder, but since drivers for the
> > XtalHD are very close (I understand)  it might be interesting to compare
>
> the
>
> > two.
>
> I'd be interested in what gives the best performance too - I have a couple
> of 1600s, one running Windows, one Fedora, and I'd like to know if the
> XtalHD brings any advantage to the table for either of those platforms.

I read (here) that there are already some Windows applications that can use
the CrystalHD device, but I'm not sure what they might be. I know that
Broadcom claims support for FlashPlayer 10.1.

For Linux, I believe XBMC can take advantage of it.

I'm wondering about de-interlacing, as opposed to decoding. This is why I'm
now happy to have a single machine with both the ION and the CrystalHD, so I
can make comparisons between the two, but it will be a while before I get to
that point.