[mythtv-users] EIP or xmltv

Malcolm Parsons malcolm.parsons at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 13:06:36 UTC 2010

On 17 February 2010 22:29, Vince Coen <vbcoen at btconnect.com> wrote:

> I currently use EIP via UK freeview to get my TV schedules.
>
> This on the basis that they are kept up to date continuously ie before and
> after a sports programme that over or under runs.
>
> Is this a valid assumption?

The Freeview EIP is sometimes updated when programmes overrun, but
when MythTV notices the change it can completely screw up the
recordings - http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7369

The EIP was updated during the day this week when the snow conditions
caused Olympic events to be rescheduled.

I use the EIP because it includes series and programme ids, resulting
in better series link and duplicate episode detection than with
radiotimes data.

--
Malcolm Parsons