[mythtv-users] GT 220 Cards

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Feb 18 18:32:48 UTC 2010

On 2/18/2010 13:18, Brian Wood wrote:
> I've seen statements like "my machine runs much faster since I installed the
> 800 watt PSU", as well as "reports" of more fans producing better performance.

There is some truth to that.  A nicer or more powerful supply is going
to be more stable at your required power levels, and allow for a higher
overclock.  The old P4 prescotts used to run so hot that with their
stock heatsinks, they would go into thermal slowdown.  Of course, I
agree completely that reviewers on Newegg have any idea what they're
talking about.