[mythtv-users] "Error opening jump program file buffer"

Herman Gerritsen lfsmailing at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 07:48:09 UTC 2010

> Once in a while (not on a reproducible basis), I will try to watch live tv,
> and instead get the "Error opening jump program file buffer" error on
> screen.
>
> If I try to watch again, it eventually works (most often on the first
> retry).
>
> I'm not finding anything in the archives that enlightens me, as to what this
> means.

Hi

I have the same problem.
I run mythbuntu daily builds repository (0.22 fixes) on ubuntu 9.10
(with a seperate front and backend both at the same os and ythbuntu
versions)

Version information:
MythTV Version   : 23565
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-22-fixes
Network Protocol : 50
Library API      : 0.22.20091023-1
QT Version       : 4.5.2
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack
using_backend using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l
using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

I always have the problem when i try to switch channels within the
same transponder.
Switching to channels on a different transponder is no problem.
When I switch the OSD says "changing on known multiplex" and after 10
seconds it drops me back to the menu saying "error opening jump file
buffer"
Also starting livetv often gives problems dropping me back to the menu
with the "error opening jump file buffer" immediately.

Any help is appreciated.

Herman