[mythtv-users] Comcast Digital transition Denver

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 15:10:28 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Graham Mitchell <gmitch at woodlea.com> wrote:
>> If OTA didn't predate their sorry ass rest assured they'd have made sure
>> it never happened.
>

> Why do you think Comcast is buying NBC...? ;) Then the other cable companies
> will 'have' to buy their own networks, then they can just shut them down
> when they please, under the auspices of 'giving back' valuable wireless
> spectrum. Give it 10 years.......

Well...a lot of people think so, and I certainly agree that the pay tv
providers would _like_ to do that.  But consider everything the feds
needed to do politically _just_ to make the digital switch and sell
off those UHF frequencies...supplying the coupons for converters etc.
That makes it hard for me to imagine them letting someone kill the OTA
TV that's existed for over 60 years.

No what pay TV companies _could_ do if they are allowed to by OTA
networks is to start seriously limiting what content they show on OTA
channels.

Yea...there's no fucking way and pay TV provider should be allowed to
come within miles of any of those networks.

Tom