[mythtv-users] mythtvosd scroller message disappears to soon

Bob Diss rldiss at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 22 16:26:48 UTC 2010

I use the mythtvosd command to display weather alert messages.  Since going to MythTV 0.22 the full text of the message is not displayed.  It starts to scroll across the screen, but fades out long before the entire text has been shown.  Any idea what's going on?

I'm using the blue-abstract-wide template.  A typical invocation of the mythtvosd command from my script would be "mythtvosd --bcastaddr=127.0.0.1 --udpport=6948 --template=scroller --scroll_text='Weather alert text from Geo::WeatherNOAA'".

Thanks for any help.

-Bob