[mythtv-users] Tuner opinions?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Mon Feb 22 16:40:35 UTC 2010

> The HDHR also has an IR receiver, I haven't played with mine yet, so I'm
> not
> sure how useful it is to Myth.

I use it on my primary frontend. It works great. It's a universal receiver,
and uses the LIRC UDP protocol. You just tell the HDHR where to send the
packets, set LIRC to listen, and set up the config file for whatever remote
you want to use. There's a good wiki entry on the HDHR support site. If you
don't mind having the HDHR box where you can point an IR remote at it. Mine
just sits under one side of the TV, the TV has a stand built in that leaves
a lot of space to either side.