[mythtv-users] USB dual channel IR blaster?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 19:31:11 UTC 2010

Ajay Sharma wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Tony Brummett <brummett at gmail.com
> <mailto:brummett at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Ajay Sharma
>     <ajayrockrock at gmail.com <mailto:ajayrockrock at gmail.com>> wrote:
>      > I have the Iguana Works IR Transmitter working in a test box.
>     And was able
>      > to control two dish network boxes.  When I eventually phase out
>     my current
>      > server I'm going to switch over to a new machine with USB only so
>     this will
>      > be my solution:
>
>     Yeah, I actually have one of those, too. It didn't work out for me
>     when I first got it, so thew it in a box and got the MCE remote
>     instead.  Other people on this list have had similar bad reviews.
>
>     I did pull it out and try getting it working again before I asked here
>     on the list, and things didn't go any better this time, either.  When
>     I plug it in, I get a message in the syslog about "Unable to enumerate
>     usb device" and their daemon can't talk to it, so it seems completely
>     dead.  If you actually have it working, then maybe I'll bring it up
>     with the Iguana Works people.
>

> I had serious problems with their 1.0pre1 software, but the pre2 version
> that they released late last year has worked well for me.  So if you
> haven't tried since pre1, then give it another shot.

I also had huge problems, but solved them by:
1)  Installing libusb-1.0 (I think my Mythbuntu system had 0.1)
2)  Installing the latest drivers they have on their website.
3)  Installing the lirc-0.8.6 that they've compiled with the iguanaIR
driver.  (The Mythbuntu provided lirc doesn't have iguanaIR in it)

Once I did that, I've had very reliable channel changes.